Primary purpose of job
Serves as a departmental expert resource in data mining, management, and integrity, and plays a critical role enabling and contributing to data analysis and modelling underlying product trading activities. Through technical delivery of data and tools, and driving the development of proprietary in-house data models, the Trading Data Analyst enables the performance of the LNG Trading department as champion of world-class data and analysis.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a data engineer or front office developer within a commodity trading environment adept at constructing and managing large datasets and structured databases, including database implementation, data scraping and collection, data clean-up, retrieval, and eventual visualisation & reporting.
- Experienced in construction from scratch of detailed and bespoke economic models which interface with data warehouses.
- An understanding of the global gas and LNG markets is strongly preferred, ideally within a front-office trading environment.
- Expertise in building and implementing large structured databases.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the implementation and use of visualisation and reporting tools and models, ideally within a front office commodities trading environment.
- Extensive experience developing front office trading tools and models using a variety of technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of ETL/ETLS and Data Warehousing concepts and technologies.
- Ability to implement solutions using Agile methods, including prototyping and tactical solutions to meet the short-term and dynamic needs of the business
- Academic background in a computing/data
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree science/mathematics/engineering field.