Medical Insurance Coordinator
|Posted date||29 January 2020|
|Location||Qatar - Doha|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The medical insurance coordinator is a position that is usually sought out by various healthcare organizations, such as doctor's offices and clinics. Generally, many companies will not have an education requirement for this job, but a few may ask for a high school diploma or an associate's degree. Likewise, some companies do not require any previous experience, although most do require that the applicant has had previous experience working with the administration. Furthermore, some knowledge of diseases and various medical terminologies would also prove to be highly beneficial. Full knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products is preferable. The medical insurance coordinator will usually be working indoors in an office environment.
- The main responsibility of the medical insurance coordinator is to ensure that the correct documentation is received from patients and insurance companies. The coordinator will sometimes have to act as a liaison for the insurance company and patient relationship and will need to be exceptional in communicating with others. They will have to answer inquiries from both patients and insurance companies, as well as provide support and be able to assist in filling out forms. The medical insurance coordinator may also mail out invoices to collect fees from patients and maintain data and records by using a computer to track changes in patient insurance policies. The coordinator must be updated on regulations in the industry often and will also need to follow any company guidelines or rules.
Medical Insurance Coordinator Tasks
- Respond to patient inquiries by phone and email.
- Perform data entry and filing to record patient and insurance data.
- Confirm insurance coverage with insurance companies by diagnostic and procedural codes.
- Knowledge in insurance billing and reconciliation process.
NOC and Medical background are required.