Senior Academic Administrator
Qatar - Doha
|Location||Qatar - Doha|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Company||AFG College with the University of Aberdeen|
|Education||A good Honours Degree or professional qualification in a relevant field commensurate with administrative duties|
- The post holder will lead on the design, implementation, review and development of a responsive professional service.
- You will demonstrate high levels of both strategic planning and operational leadership in pursuit of the corporate vision, mission and strategic plan of the College.
- The post holder will ensure that there are robust arrangements in place to support the student experience through timely and efficient administrative services for the maintaining of accurate students records and ensuring such records are managed effectively through the relevant student database/s, assessment, progression, awards, conferment and the certification of student achievement, as well as a range of learner support services.
- The post holder plays a leading role in developing processes, managing change and providing advice, working closely with Departments, Programme Leadership and services to deliver and help develop academic policies and procedures.
- Academic services provision will be underpinned by a strong service ethos, high levels of collaboration and cooperation, exemplary business processes which support academic provision, and the highest standards of service to our students
- Promotes new institutional policies and/or initiatives to relevant stakeholders e.g. members of Academic staff and Academic Line Managers
- Provides guidance, advice and assistance in response to inquiries received by the College / University e.g. on institutional and College/University policies/ procedures which will impact upon their area of responsibility
- In Collaboration with University appointed representative/s, ensure the implementation of University and College regulations for assessment, academic conduct, student complaints, discipline and fitness to practice, and other general academic and student regulations.
- Create and maintain accurate student database and individual student records.
- Provide timely, efficient accessible information and services to students and staff
- Work with staff and students to develop an understanding of their needs to inform the future development of services and functions
- In Collaboration with the University's appointed Provost and College Programme Leads, maintain oversight of the operation of student appeals and complaints procedures and monitor, and report to relevant Committees and or Boards on, the effectiveness of the process and provide senior level advice on procedures and individual cases relating to student rights and responsibilities (e.g. complaints, appeals, student discipline and academic misconduct).
- Maintain general oversight of the operation of the College's academic and student focused governance/committee systems and monitor sector best practice.
- Undertake any other duties determined by the Principal and commensurate with the level of the post.
- Develops and implements new and best practice administrative policies and procedures, to deliver a consistently high and appropriate level of service within the School in accordance with institutional policies.
- Proactively prepares Committee papers and correspondence for the Principal and University appointed Provost with a high degree of accuracy and ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Provides an efficient and comprehensive committee servicing role to institutional committees, working groups and other meetings as required e.g. the preparation of agendas, minutes and other documentation.
- Initiates and/or drafts responses to correspondence on a daily basis from staff internal and external to the University on all matters affecting the College.
- Co-ordinates the annual review process and offers recommendations on the training requirements for both Academic and Professional Services staff within the College.
- Preparation of data collection returns to external organisations such as the Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- Play a fundamental role in supporting the maintenance of appropriate quality assurance, standards and enhancement.
- Provide robust and effective advice to senior management on academic quality, standards and enhancement and contribute to meeting the objectives of the College's strategic plan and corporate objectives. Ensure the management and monitoring of risk in relation to academic quality, standards and enhancement.
- Support the development of a Collegiate and inclusive culture within the area of quality assurance, standards and enhancement and encourage this across College as a whole.
- Manage effectively and positively the College's formal relationship with the Quality Assurance personnel of the University and other external bodies as appropriate.
- In Collaboration with the University Provost, College academic leads and other university quality staff, ensure that academic quality assurance standards are met and applied consistently across the course(s).
- To contribute to initiatives designed to improve quality assurance and enhancement processes, procedures and systems across the course(s).
- To work with the College academic leads and faculty to ensure that course specifications, Schemes of Work (lesson plans) and My Aberdeen site and any other student learning platform are accurate and up-to-date.
- To ensure that Annual Course Reports are completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- To contribute and support the University's professional accreditation, validation, revalidation where applicable to the College operations.
- To ensure, in liaison with relevant leagues, that related administration duties, including timetabling, student attendance monitoring and ensuring examinations and exam boards are delivered effectively across the course(s).
- To ensure, in liaison with relevant leagues, that student records, including entry profiles, attendance, support needs,achievement and progression, are current and accurate.
- To ensure that course retention, attainment, attendance and satisfaction data is used effectively to develop and implement strategies to enhance student outcomes.