Looking for a Personnel Security Specialist, Assistant Special Security Advisor opportunity at a place you can make a difference every day? Discover this great opportunity in our Qatar location. Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact towards our military defense and safety of our sailors by discovering your new role supporting this critical mission.
Join our team supporting the United States Air Force Central Command (USAFCENT) is the Air Force Service Component of United States Central Command (USCENTCOM), a joint Department of Defense combatant command responsible for U.S. security interests in 27 nations that stretch from the Horn of Africa through the Persian Gulf region, into Central Asia. This position supports USAFCENT Intelligence Directorate (A2).
As the Personnel Security Specialist, Assistant Special Security Advisor in Qatar you will perform a full range of personnel security responsibilities and tasks in support of USAFCENT AFFOR A2 SCI security program. The Specialist will be responsible for in-processing/out-processing personnel, performing indoctrinations, badging personnel, monitoring the Intrusion detection system (IDS), in addition to serving as the focal point for numerous customer service needs.
- This position is contingent upon your ability to maintain/transfer a TS/SCI clearance.
- This position is contingent upon customer requirements and/or their approval.
In this role, you will:
- Provide personnel security support
- Perform a full range of personnel security responsibilities and tasks in support of USAFCENT AFFOR A2 SCI security program.
- Be responsible for in-processing/out-processing personnel, performing indoctrinations, badging personnel, monitoring the Intrusion detection system (IDS), in addition to serving as the focal point for numerous customer service needs.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the SSO Task lead, in support of the work center’s sub-tasks as required and dependent on the supported organization/location’s requirements.
- Be called upon to support activities in any of the four security disciplines as outlined below.
- Maintain applicable SCI directives, regulations, manuals, and guidelines to adequately discharge SSO duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure SCI is properly accounted for, controlled, transmitted, transported, packaged, and safeguarded.
- Ensure SCI is destroyed by authorized means.
- Ensure SCI is disseminated only to persons authorized access to the material and having an established need-to-know.
- Investigate SCI security infractions, making recommendations to the Chief SSO on site and preparing required reports.
- Maintain continuing liaison, with collateral security officials to ensure both security levels are mission accomplished.
- Conduct SCI personnel, information, physical and technical security (TEMPEST/Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) actions.
- Provide all security awareness trainings as required by regulations and requested by the COR.
- Perform all aspects of the SCI Personnel Security Program to include, for example, nomination interviews, validation of SCI access requirements, submission of investigative requests, conduct SCI security briefings; obtain signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NdA) and Non-Disclosure Statement (NdS); and perform other related personnel security actions.
- Provide a briefing on local SCI security procedures to newly-arrived personnel and those receiving initial SCI indoctrination.
- Emphasize unauthorized disclosure awareness, management, and reporting during indoctrination and termination briefings and day-to-day security program execution
- Serve as the official channel for certifying and receiving SCI visitor clearances/accesses.
- Maintain the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and Defense Information System for Security (DISS) to accurately reflect all personnel under their security cognizance.
- Provide guidance and assistance for processing SCI position and eligibility requests.
- Process all derogatory information concerning SCI indoctrinated individuals under their security cognizance and assist commanders and directors with establishment of Security Information Files.
Provide physical security support:
- Assist in providing overall physical security and will ensure that all current and future SCI Facilities (SCIFs) comply with the physical security standards outlined in ICD 705 all other applicable directives and established policies.
- Prepare and revise, as needed, all physical accreditation paperwork, to include the fixed facility checklists.
- Ensure appropriate accreditation documentation is available for each SCIF and under the organization’s security cognizance.
- Ensure that each SCIF under their security cognizance conducts annual self-inspections of the security program.
- Assist Government person in the creation and development of SSO documents, PowerPoint presentations, formal messages, background papers, items of interest, and staff summary packages for USAFCENT Senior Management review within specified timelines.
- Support 30+ SCIFs and Temporary SCIFs within the AOR through physical presence and telephonic support. Occasional TDY support within AOR will be at the request of the CO or COR, and mission requirements.
- Access JWICS by maintaining SCI eligibility.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A High School Diploma/GED
- 12 years of experience
- Current and active TS/SCI with the ability to maintain/transfer a Top Secret with Secret Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Current / valid US Passport
- The ability to pass all US Central Command medical and dental evaluation.
- Experience with managing SCI programs as a Special Security Officer.
- Personnel Security, Physical Security, and Industrial Security experience.
- Attended and completed a formal SSO certification training and a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) 705 Physical Security Course within the last three (3) years.
- The ability to work independently in an operational environment.
- The knowledge of a full range of security principles, concepts, practices, products and services; methods for evaluating risk and vulnerability; implementing mitigating improvement; and disseminating security procedures/processes.
- Thorough knowledge of Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) 704, ICD 705 and Technical Specifications and DoDM 5105.21, V1 thru V3 and working knowledge of other applicable Director of National Intelligence (DNI), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), and USAF directives and regulations.
- The ability to Interpret Director of National Intelligence, Defense Intelligence Agency and DoD directives and provide technical advice and guidance on SCI personnel, physical and information security standards.
- The ability to gather facts and use effective analytical and evaluative methods to assess information, plan the sequence of actions necessary, make sound decisions and solve a variety of security problems.
- ability to travel up to 10%
Additional desired experience and skills:
- A (4) year degree from an accredited college is highly desired.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our military and airmen and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!Company Overview
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco .
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [اضغط هنا لمشاهدة البريد اﻹلكتروني]
or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [اضغط هنا لمشاهدة البريد اﻹلكتروني]
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation)