About the role
The Manager Human Factor is responsible for management of the Human Factors programme for Flight Operations and Cabin Services. This role will develop, implement and manage effective Human Factors projects and training programmes in order to support and enhance flight safety within Qatar Airways as well compliance to Quality System and legal requirements.
Specific responsibilities of the role includes:
• Develops and implements comprehensive Human Factor programme to support and enhance the safety of QR Flight operations.
• Manages the administrative function of the Human Factor programme as required by Quality Systems and Regulatory Authorities.
• Ensures that all programmes implemented are aligned with industry best practice.
• Keeps abreast of the latest research and development in Human Factor and aligns with industry best practice.
• Develops the definition and content of all programs in close liaison with Flight Operations and Cabin Services Management.
• Reviews the ongoing Line Operations Safety Audit (LOSA) programme and implements the findings from the recommendations as applicable.
• Conducts and manages Human Factors projects as assigned by Senior Manager Human Factors.
• Continuously reviews the operations of all QR Flights including Flight Safety, Flight Training, Flight Operations and Quality and Standards. Ensure that the Human Factor trainings is conducted in line with Evidence Based Training.
• Monitors standards of applicable personnel as appropriate to ensure the ongoing relevance and continued programme effectiveness.
• Participates in Pilot Selection assessments as required.
• Leads and manages all aspects of the training cycle, from assessment needs, development and delivery through to evaluation.
• Manages, supervises and develops Training staff responsible for providing Crew Resource Management, Threat and Error Management, Human Performance Limitations and other related training service delivery.
• Develops and delivers Human Factors training programmes in compliance with the regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates closely with the Training Section and Fleet Offices on a regular basis for timely dissemination of information and updates.
• Conducts Crew Resource Management (CRM) courses as required by the training program.
• Conducts Human Factor coaching sessions to enhance Human Factor skills of identified flight and cabin crews.
• Creates and implements training solutions that are applicable to the work environment.
• Establishes the team’s objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Psychology or Aviation Human Factors.
• Minimum 8 years of job-related experience.
• Airline/Aviation experience is preferred
• Relevant qualification as Human Factors Specialist as prescribed by International Aviation psychology association.
• Aircraft technical and operational knowledge.
• Good communication abilities.
• Good command of spoken and written English.
• Ability to work on strict deadlines and has dynamic approach.
• Analytical skills; positive attitude
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you have what it takes to be part of our 5-star team, please take the first step and apply now by uploading your CV and completing the online application.