JOB PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
Designs, plans, organizes and supports the operations and activities of the Human Capital projects including change management, succession planning, creation of career paths, job families and competencies across the company. Provides support and consulting advice to talent management programs. Coordinates a variety of workforce and organizational development programs to achieve superior business results.
- Communicates with administrators, managers and outside organization representatives for the purpose of coordinating activities and programs, resolving issues and conflicts, and exchanging information.
- Develops best practices to improve organizational performance and effectiveness.
- Develops and coordinates with the Department Managers and Senior Management the strategic planning to develop effective solutions to meet business challenges and mitigate business risks.
- Assumes full accountability for conceiving and executing organizational design projects.
- Designs and implements a variety of workforce and organization development programs (e.g. employee wellness, leadership development, employee recognition, performance excellence, etc.) to meet employee needs.
- Ensures that all projects have a project plan which is reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Identifies data collection tools, data sources, benchmarks, and performance targets.
- Works collaboratively with departments to ensure effective change management present and executed in all organizational manners.
- Develops change management communications for projects and develops mediums to gather partner feedback.
- Provides strategic inputs and guidance to succession planning.
- Be involved in performance and potential assessment of candidates eligible for high potential detection campaign. Contributes to development planning and review of successors for the targeted positions.
- Facilitates the whole process and provide visibility on succession plans. Conducts meetings with the departments in order to apply the defined processes.
- Maintains succession planning records for all critical positions and establishes reports.
- Proactively creates career paths and ladders to retain and develop talent by contributing fair, workable and consistently administered promotion programs.
- Makes employee development as a priority along so that organization can cultivate these benefits.
- Ensures that employees perform consistently in a way that fits with company’s objectives and assists to newly promoted employees to make smooth transition.
- Establishes sound governance over career development to ensure equity and fairness.
- Identifies job families within company as well as family levels and ladders.
- Ensures proper job family model for staff career development and to support business strategy.
- Embeds performance management based culture by managing career expectations in the current role and possible routes for future progression.
- Develops tools to define technical and behavioural competency frameworks and map expectations for each level of job family.
- Takes part in the assessment of employees against defined competencies.
- Creates individual professional development plans to identify competency gaps and areas for development.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contributes to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of departmental systems, policies, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practices’ in order to improve productivity and operational efficiency.
- Provides critical input to support the development of Section’s systems, policies, processes, and procedures in order to meet business requirements.
- Ensures team members comply with all Section’s policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Quality, Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and relevant quality, health, safety, security and environmental procedures and controls across the Department to guarantee employee safety and delivery of high quality products/services.
- Ensures that all documents, forms and general paper works are filed in an organized and consistent way ensuring a complete historical record of organizational structure transactions.
- Prepares relative reports in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet the departmental requirements, policies and standards.
- Contributes to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is applicable to expatriate employees only.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Required : Bachelor Degree in Business Administration; Human Resources or equivalent.
Preferred : Master Degree is an advantage
Required : 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources, leading large-scale organization development projects.
Preferred :Total of 5-7 years of experience within Human Resources with a minimum 3 years of experience in identifying, designing, and implementing organizational development solutions in Petrochemical Industry.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art organization development and design, methodologies and tools.
- Business Acumen / Financial Awareness.
- Good balance of strategic thinking and hands-on implementation.
- High communication and influencing skills to use especially with internal bodies.
- Ability to diagnose organizational problems based upon effective relationships with department managers.
- Strong project management skills.
Required : English - proficient
Preferred : Arabic- working knowledge