We are looking for a Tax Partner to support our business through leading the Tax Line of Service (LoS) in Mazars in Qatar.
KEY AREA OF KNOWLEDGE AND PROVEN EXPERIENCE:
The Tax Partner shall demonstrate extensive knowledge and proven record of successful experience in Tax regimes in GCC, Tax reporting, Tax return preparation, Tax compliance, domestic corporate income tax, International trade, extensive experience in the areas of indirect taxes such as Goods & Service Tax, Customs, cross-border taxation topics, along with proven experience in Transfer Pricing and international taxes.
- The Tax Partner will be responsible for all the tax services in Mazars Qatar including:
- Corporate Income Tax
- QFC Tax compliance
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Withholding Tax
- Transfer Pricing
- Excise Tax
- International Tax
- FATCA and CRS
-Trade & Customs (T&C)
- Inbound/Outbound Tax Advisory
- Global Mobility Services
- Corporate Services
- Maintain positive relationship with tax authorities in Qatar as well as our network of clients and build a strong network of potential clients to help in maintain Mazars brand name locally and internationally.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the Tax LoS by undertaking new projects in line with the senior executive functions vision of expansion and business development.
- Develop and implement work processes and develop the Tax LoR operation manual to meet the quality of services expected from our firm.
- Lead the tax team, mentoring them and prepare their annual appraisals for the team members.
- Create a positive atmosphere within the team members and support work/life balance of the team by distributing workloads fairly and effectively.
- Keeping firm leadership informed of the Tax LoS business progress and challenges as well as new laws and regulations in tax by keeping an eye open on the tax authorities circulars and new regulations.
- Understand our clients’ business and commercial, regulatory and industry specific issues they face to provide the best solution in any given situation, while delivering through his team excellency in service delivery in tax advisory engagements.
- Support clients by coordination the communications between the client and tax authorities’ and provided advice for any claims filed against the client.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends in taxation, and how they impact or clients and how to create business leads out of this, in addition to stay connected and active with Mazars international tax network to act globally when serving our clients.
- Coach others recognize their strengths and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s Degree or specialized certificates are preferred.
- 15+ years’ progressive public accounting and tax experience.
- 10+ years’ leading high performing teams, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- 2+ years in a Director or Sr Manager role at a public accounting firm, preferred.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, combined with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Executive presence.
- Experienced with new business and new client development.
- Proven experience in managing multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Excellent client service skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards, relevant tax rules, procedures, and guidelines
- Excellent organization skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Arabic is preferable.