The Audio Visual Technician reports to the Director, Information Technologies.
This position is the sole support for all Audio Visual (A/V) needs for the campus. Client service orientation and communication skills are critical as this position works independently. The position requires knowledge and familiarity with both audio-visual equipment and technology, techniques and processes.
The incumbent must be able to think on their feet to resolve unexpected problems that arise. Technical problem-solving skills are essential for the setup and support of an extensive range of audio-visual equipment.
Required to work fixed schedule based on University of Calgary in Qatar’s core working hours with flexibility to work on occasional evening/weekends for special events.
High stress resulting from complicated multi-room equipment setup and support often under tight timeframes. The nature of the work is dynamic and requires the Technician to possess excellent time management skills, good interpersonal skills and an ability to cope with a dynamic and ever-changing technical environment in an international setting.
- Undergraduate degree in Technology field with technical courses/training in audio-visual technology.
- A diploma in AV or media technology would be an asset.
- Some experience in IT preferably in a higher education setting is highly desirable.
- Strong technical skills in operation of audio-visual equipment including providing basic training on the use of some equipment to faculty/staff/students and external clients.
- Advanced computer skills will be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to consult with faculty, students, staff and the general public.
- Organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable working in a medical environment
- Previous medical background or knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
- Ability to work productively in a framework of operations that fully respects the laws, culture and religion of Qatar.
Accountabilities/Tasks and Duties:
- Set-up of teaching areas, ensuring technical services required for courses and exams in the UCQ Campus are in place in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide quality service to support educational and professional development outcomes.
- Ensure that teaching clinicians receive strong service and support for their educational programs.
- Follow up and ensure needs are met; equipment is in place and provide assistance with audio-visual requirements for teaching and on occasions, workshops in laboratories.
- Ensure client service is maintained at a high level.
- Provide audio-visual equipment and support, monitoring performance of equipment, troubleshooting when necessary and training users.