Education and Training: Mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, or Proven experience in the related field.
- Must be able to solve issues and evaluate problems, basic computer literacy; machine welding and tooling, assembly and design
- Fix engineering problems and investigate any mechanical failures.
- Analyze the performance of the vehicle to determine what the client is looking for and find ways to best meet the brief.
- Inspect the installation of mechanical systems and adjust where necessary. They supervise colleagues when installing components as well to make sure they’re fitted properly.
- Inspect and test drive vehicles to check for any faults and ways to make improvements.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of an auto repairs unit to ensure efficient work operations.