Primary purpose of job
The Reservoir Modelling Engineer works closely with the Subsurface Team providing simulation support to all projects. In addition, the position is accountable for insuring that high quality and timely reservoir engineering work is provided to QP’s business. Reservoir-engineering work is expected to be value-oriented and in alignment with QP’s business plan bringing forth reservoir performance evaluation, and identification of near and long-term reserve and production improvement opportunities. The position is expected to work closely with Subsurface Team geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists, and reservoirs engineers as well as Development Team.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 10 years direct experience in Reservoir Engineering related work required.
- A minimum of 5 years of “hands on” experience in reservoir engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of “hands on” experience in reservoir modelling.
- Experience in pressure transient analysis, horizontal well technology, reservoir surveillance, and water flooding strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of reservoir modelling and reservoir fluid properties.
- Working knowledge of economic evaluation concepts, petrophysical analysis, core description, preferred.
- Experience in completions, workovers, drilling and offshore field operations considered a plus.
- A team player capable of working in a multi-discipline team environment with a desire to share knowledge. Persuasive, open minded, hard worker, and delivery orientated.
- Experience with Eclipse, OFM, and Kappa.
- International experience preferred.
- Strong experience on reservoir dynamic modelling (Eclipse) and model history matching.
- HSE trainings.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent