Mind Institute is a multidisciplinary center that works with children and adults. Our mission is to achieve wholeness in children, adolescents and adults through focused assessment, treatment, and individualized plans, thereby preparing each individual to successfully navigate social situations and future endeavors, both academic and professional. Mind Institute offers holistic, non-medical daily intervention programs as well as after-school programs using evidence-based, subject-centered approaches in English, French, and Arabic, targeting measurable changes in academic and social performance.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the role involves providing specialist psychological assessments and interventions for children, adolescents and adults.
• Receive all patients to the facility and conduct an initial assessment to determine the type and level of therapy needed.
• Evaluate the progress of the patients with respect to the specific therapy recommended.
• Screen and interview patients to assess psychological disorders typically affecting children and adolescents.
• Independently select, administer, score and interpret psychological tests for the purpose of assessing patients’ cognitive, behavioral, educational and emotional functioning.
• Provide individual and group therapy using various evidence-based/informed modalities as clinically indicated to include brief problem-focused psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and client-centered therapy for children, adolescents and family members.
• Provide clinical and administrative oversight to clinical and administrative staff.
• Monitor progress and adjust interventions accordingly
• Write reports and maintain information records accurately
• Master’s Degree in clinical and educational psychology
• Psychology license/certification is required
• Extensive knowledge and abilities to use a range of formal psychology assessments Experienced in psychological evaluation and treatment of children, adolescents and adults
• Extensive experience in ASD
• CBT trained
• Ability to work across different settings; clinic, school and home
• Ability to offer tele-therapy
• Ability to provide clinical supervision to junior staff