Manager of Entertainment Content Acquisition
|تاريخ النشر||١ ديسمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||قطر - Doha|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
Position Purpose Summary:
The Manager of Entertainment programs is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all the beIN Media Group entertainment programs in accordance with the national standards set out by beIN Media Group. As a member of the senior management team, the Manager of Entertainment Programs participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of beIN Media Group and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop the programs strategy based on the content rights acquired.
- Develop the strategy for Entertainment channels scheduling.
- Responsible for the recruitment and development of the program and production management team.
- Provide editorial and creative leadership.
- Ensure the best talent is secured at competitive rates to enable the creation of first class program.
- Monitoring the Teams work including evaluating the success of programs and productions.
- Dealing with Dubbing and Subtitles external companies.
- Entertainment liner and non-liner platforms.
- Good understanding of the regional sensitivities and policies.
- Ensure the highest quality of production ensuring compliance with all company policies and guidelines.
- Request and manage the Entertainment Programs Directorate Budget.
- Plan and manage the Entertainment Programs Directorate within the agreed budget.
- Organize and attend weekly departmental meetings to maintain effective communication.
- Receiving and reviewing detailed reports on the programme or project from the program manager.
- Establishing formal reporting arrangements on programme or project progress and sharing them with ED.
- Work closely with the ED of Entertainment and other Directorates Directors in beIN Media Group MENA and regional.
- Understand the technical processes involved in entertainment production.
- Work effectively, and with diplomacy and sensitivity, with all members of the production team, and with presenters and Actors, other contributors, and members of the public.
- Ensuring an appropriate program or project management framework is in place.
- Preparing the programme brief, project initiation documents or equivalent and business case among other documents appraising options and submitting for approval.
- Co-ordinating value management strategy.
- Controlling changes following approval.
- Determining and managing risks to the program.
- Co-ordinating and fostering teamwork.
- Managing the program manager's performance of delegated responsibility.
- Defining criteria for control and management of the programme or project.
- Assisting the program manager in the resolution of problems.
- Ensuring the program manager receives decisions on time.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO, MD, ED and Board of Directors.
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of the program staff including supervision and evaluation, training and team building.
- Ensure adequate and qualified staff to carry out the program activities.
- Responsible for the selection, hiring, coaching, and discipline of the Entertainment programs employees.
- Represent beIN entertainment in public, at conferences, and internal beIN Media group meetings.
- Perform other duties relevant to the job as requested.
Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Management, Business, Mass Communication, or any related field.
Experience: Minimum 10 years of professional experience in production or any similar role.