IT technical support officer
قطر - الدوحة
|تاريخ النشر||٣٠ نوفمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||قطر - الدوحة|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
IT technical support officers monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organization. You could be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
Depending on the size of the organization, working as a technical support officer, your role may span one or more areas of expertise.
Organizations increasingly rely on computer systems in all areas of their operations and decision-making processes. It's therefore crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the IT systems.
Your job s may vary. Alternatives include:
applications support specialist
help desk operator
You may also work within first or second-line support. The work is as much about understanding how information systems are used as applying technical knowledge related to computer hardware or software.
IT technical support officers are mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organization, but you'll generally need to:
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks and website
- talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- troubleshoot system and network and website problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- replace parts as required
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- support the roll-out of new applications
- set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
- test and evaluate new technology
- conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.