Head of Product Research - STB
|تاريخ النشر||٢١ نوفمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||قطر - Doha|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
Position Purpose Summary:
The role of Head of Product Research - STB is to be beIN’s research and analysis expert for TV delivery products globally. This role provides business partner support for the Doha based IT / product development teams, and also the marketing team. The main responsibility of this role is to conduct research and analysis in order to guide the development strategy for beIN’s TV delivery products, including the set top box (STB) and OTT viewing apps (e.g. beIN CONNECT). This role will help improve the functionality and usability of the various TV products, and also inform the creation of data based services such as recommendation engines. This involves working with all resources available to the Commercial Analytics team, e.g. return path data, beIN’s own in-house data, market intelligence reports, and ad hoc commissioned research.
Success in this role will be measured by the impact of insights generated have on beIN creating TV products that successfully drive customer acquisition and retention.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
This role is an exciting opportunity to join beIN and work within the Group Analytics team on a range of global projects. Specifically to provide actionable insights on TV delivery products and how they can drive customer satisfaction, through:
- Conducting content research and analysis based on all data sources available to the Commercial Analytics team, e.g.:
- Bespoke surveys / qualitative research.
- Return path panel viewing data to understand content consumption across multiple devices in the home.
- Technical performance data, developing KPIs that create value for beIN, collaborating with data science team.
- Social media buzz on TV product issues and satisfaction levels.
- Conducting ad hoc projects on both new and existing TV products, e.g.
- Customer feedback on the look, functionality, and usability of physical or IPTV based TV products.
- Testing of UI and UX for new TV products.
- Providing market intelligence on trends in TV products and how technology is changing consumption patterns and content preferences.
- Communicating those insights using Management Information, dashboards, insight newsletters, and insight presentations.
- Working closely with the Doha based IT / product development teams to ensure they understand their customers and the product functionality they value, and prioritise features that deliver most value given scarce development time / budgets.
- Helping to nurture a culture of putting the customer / viewer at the heart of decision making.
- Contributing to the Global Analytics team:
- Share with the wider team any insights generated on product appreciation.
- Work with the Head of Insight across a range of projects, including bespoke research, and ad hoc requests.
- Potential to travel across the region to meet with research providers, business partners, etc. to discuss research practice.
Education: Ideally a numerate, science, or human sciences degree – examples include business studies, economics, maths, statistics, finance, psychology, etc.
- A minimum of six years relevant work experience, either working at a Pay-TV platform; a telecommunications company, or at a consumer electronics manufacturer; or at an agency specialising in product research.
- Conducting UI and UX testing for consumer electronic products / apps.
- Experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Minimum English level of B2.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Arabic in a business setting
- French speaker a plus.
- Pay-TV delivery products such as STB, OTT apps and websites, and consumption devices.
- How TV products can drive customer acquisition and retention for a Pay-TV business.
- A demonstrable passion for, and understanding of, the Pay-TV market.
- A range of research methodologies: qualitative, quantitative, online panels, and data analysis.