Student Careers and Internship Manager
قطر - الدوحة
|المكان||قطر - الدوحة|
|الشركة||AFG College with the University of Aberdeen|
The new Careers and Internship Manager will lead on all aspects of student careers and institutional internship programmes.
- He / she will engage our students and alumni with a view to enhance their professional opportunities through strong relationships with local, national and regional employers.
- The post holder will instantiate a responsive and carefully executed careers service.
- He / she will demonstrate high levels of departmental planning and operational leadership in pursuit of the corporate vision, mission of the organisation as well as developing targeted student and graduate employability plans of the College in partnership with our University colleagues.
- The post holder will ensure that there are robust arrangements in place to support the employability needs of our students / graduates and moreover, ensure that prospective employability partners needs are feedback to our programme leads and student careers and employability forums.
Accountability / Key activities Careers Advice and Guidance
- Delivering one-to-one careers advice and guidance to both undergraduate and postgraduate students and college alumni.
- Liaising with College and University staff to inform and plan careers and employability services to our students and alumni.
- Developing and delivering careers focused workshops and presentations to our students, as well as the delivery of wider generic workshops in collaboration with local and regional employers.
- Responding to our students career and internship queries in a timely fashion, including reviewing CVs, cover letters and applications. Referring students and alumni to relevant resources and recommending further guidance interactions if appropriate.
- In partnership with the central Careers Service of the University, facilitate the University’s career education courses.
- Managing and contributing to employability projects, Fairs and events. • Taking the lead on co-curricular and employability initiatives and programmes which complement the bespoke and tailored services available.
- Liaising with employers, University staff, professional bodies and other relevant stakeholders to ensure that our careers and employability plans are widely promoted. Employer Engagement
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive integrated strategy for the engagement of employers/professional bodies/external agencies locally, nationally and regionally.
- With the support of the central university’s careers service, extend the career service’s relationships with employers/professional bodies/external agencies through proactive business development, engagement and account management in key sectors within national and regional locations.
- Work with colleagues across the institution and wider University, to identify target areas and industries based on graduate outcomes, employers recruitment needs and develop measurable KPIs that enhance our student and alumni employability outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with our business development lead and faculty to increase the number and range of internship and work-based learning opportunities for our students.
- Investigate and recommend appropriate methods to engage employers by the use of technology and other methods of communication that is considered best practice. Work in partnership with the College and University’s technology departments to ensure a customized suite of tools that support and facilitate the deployment of management information.
- Co-ordinate digital communications and social media platforms to ensure employer engagement is embedded as a key operational activity of our student experience through timely communications channels that complement and support connections between employers, the College / University and students. Student Experience and Support
- Contribute to an outstanding student experience in line with the University and College strategies.
- Contribute to initiatives to enhance student retention, attainment and satisfaction. People & Stakeholder Management
- Maintain good working relationships with the college’s university partner and relevant university schools and departments commensurate with your position.
- Provide efficient and effective administrative functions which are fit for purpose and fully compatible and integrated with college and university systems and processes, taking account of the college strategic priorities and changing expectations of key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with our partner university colleagues and in particular, the central careers service.
Develop strong sustainable professional relationships with key employers both nationally and regionally.