Restaurant Supervisors (F&B)
قطر - الدوحة
|تاريخ النشر||١٠ مارس ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||قطر - الدوحة|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
|المرتب||QAR2800 to QAR3200|
|الخبرة المطلوبة||Minimum 5 Years of working experience in similar position or higher|
|المؤهل التعليمي||Diploma or Higher in Hospitality|
Restaurant Supervisors, work to keep the customers happy enough to return to the restaurant, as well as encourage others to visit. They also work with suppliers and oversee the wait and hosting staff and the kitchen staff.
Monitor Customer Experience
- Restaurant supervisors typically visit dining tables to check on guests and make sure they are satisfied with food choices and service. They get opinions about the restaurant's food, menu, ambiance, and other factors. They oversee food presentation, ensure restaurant cleanliness, manage restaurant decor, and review customer survey responses to identify areas in which customer service can be improved.
- Manage Inventory
- While restaurant supervisors might delegate some inventory duties to waiters or waitresses (such as ordering napkins, table linens, and other supplies) and others chefs (such as cooking ingredients), they oversee all inventory activities in a restaurant. They generate inventory reports and make sure that all needed materials are on hand at all times.
- Ensure Adherence to Food Safety and Sanitation Standards
- Restaurant supervisors consistently inspect a restaurant's kitchen and oversee food preparation to determine whether all food safety and sanitation regulations and standards are being met. To this end, they check for food stock rotation, proper cleaning of kitchen equipment and handling of food, and removal of spoiled or outdated food items.
Skills and Qualifications
- Project management - budgeting, cost estimating, and scheduling are the main project management tasks that restaurant supervisors should be adept at
- Physical fitness - restaurant supervisors should be able to stand for long periods of time, and lift and carry incoming inventory items when necessary
- Mentoring skills - the ability to assess an employee's strengths and weaknesses, supply adequate training, and teach them the skills needed to be successful in their given position is crucial for restaurant supervisors
- Communication skills - restaurant supervisors spend their days talking to customers, staff, and restaurant owners, and they must possess strong verbal communication skills to converse with a wide variety of individuals
- Interpersonal skills - an outgoing, eager-to-serve personality fits best with the restaurant supervisor role
- Organization skills - from arranging dining areas to setting employee schedules, restaurant supervisors must have strong organization skills
- Team building - it's important that restaurant supervisors are able to develop strong teams of servers, prepares, hosts or hostesses, cleaning crews, and other personnel to create successful restaurant operations
- Education and Training
- Candidates who have successfully completed a four-year degree program in hospitality, food service, or restaurant management. Many such programs include an internship that allows candidates to gain hands-on experience in the fast-paced world of restaurant supervision.